Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Woodbury 2005 better then 1979?

As I drive from the now Famous Wal-Mart sign to Trout Brook Road , I cant help but to think back to when I just starting driving. I would get gas at Richie's Mini market where BTW he knew me and everyone else by our first names. Across the street was Brushes where I bought my baseball cards, Big Buddy gum and candy. The lawn across now fenced in would be and group of teens hanging out . Well Brushes is gone the lawn is fenced in and no one knows my name at the Mini Mart. Does anyone remember the Pontiac dealer across from the sunoco which has become Bergs. BTW I always like Bergs he was one of the good guys! There was Rockies P to get a hero and a costa soda. That's right Costa Cola all for $2.10 . Ah the good old days when he would write down your order and send it threw that little window to Mrs P. It would take a lifetime to get your order but that's the way it was. He had newspapers with names written on them and he made sure you never took one of them.! The small little liquor store right next to the Drug Store by the circle. Then there was the Central Valley Diner that never seemed to make it, I even worked their washing dishes for 2 bucks a hour and played pinball in the back! If you wanted Pizza it was Rennes , your car was fixed by Pat or Duke. We had a Grand Union, now the Post Office. I can go on and on the way it was now we have Shopping Centers, Big Box Retailers, Fast Food, restaurants. So I ask you which do you prefer the Woodbury of today or 1979? Please click and answer http://mikeaforwoodbury.com/questions/survey.php?s_id=6

No comments: