Saturday, October 07, 2006

Berean-Weeks makes her case to be Woodbury’s first mayor

To the editor:

My name is Stephanie Berean-Weeks and I am seeking your support to be the first mayor of our new village.

My father was for many years active in the community I grew up in as a public official, including time as our town supervisor. I learned at an early age that the decisions made by our public officials have a direct impact on the lives of my neighbors and friends. Several years ago, I came to call Woodbury home after marrying my husband Cliff, who has been a longtime resident of Woodbury. I have come to love all that Woodbury has to offer and have come to realize, along with my husband, that it is a wonderful community to raise our daughter, Kelly.

Therefore, like many of you, who also realize Woodbury is a great community to raise a family, my husband and I struggle to pay the taxes and bear the high costs it takes to live here. We do it, however, because we feel the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

Recently, the voters of Woodbury created a village. There will be new costs that we must bear to live in this new village. I am concerned that this new village could very well break the budgets of many young couples raising families like my husband and I, or seniors who have for years paid more than their share in taxes.

Along with the financial impacts of this new village, we will also have to face the inevitable battles over annexation, issues regarding zoning, increased growth and how to handle the burdens of that on our community, among many others.

I believe that my team and I, running on the CommUNITY ticket, have the best interest of Woodbury at heart. We will attack the issues that Woodbury faces head on.

I look forward to talking to all of you on the campaign trail. If you have any questions or would like to speak to me, please contact me at 845-206-2090 or visit our Web site at www.communityparty.net to learn more about my platform.

Thanks and I look forward to your support on Thursday, Nov. 2.

Stephanie Berean-Weeks

Candidate for Village of Woodbury Mayor

Highland Mills

No comments: