Friday, November 03, 2006

Calhoun states platform

Calhoun states platform
I write in response to your endorsement in the 96th Assembly District.

Serving proudly in Albany for 16 years, I have been a prime sponsor of more than 100 pieces of successful legislation. My bills allow our American flag to fly proudly over condominiums, babies to be protected from maternal AIDS, volunteers to receive property exemptions, and I helped create the STAR program.

I have picketed with union members, secured the Project Labor Agreement at Stewart, caused an unconstitutional K.J. school district to be overturned, and fought for the soon-to-be installed high-speed E-ZPass at Woodbury. I oppose both the Kiryas Joel pipeline and the intrusive NYRI power line proposal.

When I vote, I carefully weigh your views. I am pro-choice but vehemently opposed to partial-birth abortion. My endorsements include PEF, NYSUT, NYS Nurses Association, NFIB, nine police organizations, the Conservative Party and recognition in the Farm Bureau's "Circle of Friends."

As ranking member on the Assembly Real Property Tax Committee, I've conducted hearings on school tax reform, studied other states' actions, and know that to be successful, we must gain the support of NYC legislators where they don't vote on school budgets or levy school taxes. We must tighten quasi-religious exemptions, eliminate ALL unfunded mandates, dedicate Medicaid savings toward school aid and freeze all seniors' taxes at age 70.

Casting your vote for Assemblywoman Nancy Calhoun on Nov. 7 will keep an independent champion of the people fighting for YOU!

Nancy Calhoun

member of Assembly

Blooming Grove

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

calhoun, donnery, mclaughlin and bohan wear hoods and white sheets at their private meetings