Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Fornario fan

A Fornario fan
I would like to thank Legislator Frank Fornario for choosing to run for another term of the Orange County Legislature. He has been referred to as a renegade, rebel, or maverick. He's been quoted as saying, "I'm not a politician, I'm a people-tician" corny, but accurate. He keeps excellent communication with local government. He has curbed wasteful spending by opposing the government acquisition of the Lycian Theater. He has honored the veterans by instituting additional burial benefits in the county veteran cemetery.
Many county and state officials viewed Kiryas Joel's attempt to tap New York City's aqueduct with a 13-mile pipeline as a done deal. Frank Fornario was one of the few politicians that stood up and took a stance against the pipeline. He took issue with the pipeline before the letter campaign that brought the county Legislature and county executive to take action. Not only am I glad to have a man of integrity like Frank Fornario representing me, but I'm also proud to call him a friend.
Brandon L. Nielsen
councilman
Town of Blooming Grove

No comments: