Saturday, November 05, 2005

Levinson: Justice in Woodbury is ‘not delayed or denied’

Levinson: Justice in Woodbury is ‘not delayed or denied’

To the editor:

With election day 2005 rapidly approaching, I write this letter to reaffirm to the residents of the Town of Woodbury my steadfast commitment to maintain the Woodbury justice court free of political intrusion and a court dedicated to the swift administration of justice.

My commitment and dedication have not diminished one bit over the last 28 years as your town justice. My devotion to the prompt, fair administration of justice remains as strong today as it was in 1978. Although our court calendar has expanded measurably over the years, the court, with the assistance of a loyal and highly skilled staff, has kept rapid pace with the burgeoning case load. We have no delays in the handling of cases. Justice in Woodbury is not delayed or denied anyone.

I am proud of the opportunity I had to serve with my colleague and friend, the late Judge Edward Kellman. Ed will be missed and not be easily replaced. I am proud of the Woodbury Court’s accomplishments. I am also proud to have served as your town justice for almost 28 years. I sincerely hope you give me the same support on Nov. 8 as you did when I was first elected in November 1977.

David L. Levinson

Highland Mills

No comments: