Monday, October 17, 2005

October 30, 2002

Letters to the editor for October 30, 2002

Shame on Donnery
I was completely shocked after reading the Oct. 19 TH-R, and learning that the Bear Mountain Hockey Club, funded by parents and donations, made political contributions to Roxanne Donnery and she had the audacity to accept it.
Formerly a BMHC parent, I know that hockey is not cheap. Families don't have $1,000-plus per child to throw around these days. When you pay the hockey fee you are expecting that your kid will have some sort of ice time – a commitment you are willing to make for the sake of your child or children, in my case. Yearly, they'd talk about the price of ice going up and yet had enough money to funnel it to a political candidate.
This is wrong, and to know that part of my fee went to support a candidate that I am vehemently opposed to is abhorrent. I would not have contributed to her campaign in the first place and I think most of the parents would not have done it either. Knowing a political candidate would even entertain the thought of keeping not one, but two, illegal contributions sickens me.
Shame on BMHC and shame on Roxanne Donnery, twice!
Robin M. Tamburi
Hamptonburgh

No comments: